Astor Tanglewood Photo Gallery
Mill Creek sold Astor Tanglewood in May of 2022. Astor Tanglewood was a luxury rental community, included 238 apartment homes, and was constructed as a six-story wood frame project surrounding a concrete parking garage. Five of the stories were built on top of a podium deck and one story was built underneath the podium deck. Located just outside Loop 610 near the Uptown/Galleria area, the community was located just over a football field north of the intersection of Woodway Drive, a major scenic thoroughfare, and S. Post Oak Lane.
Tanglewood was one of Houston’s preeminent neighborhoods. Home to the Houston Country Club and many prominent Houstonians including President George H.W. Bush, the neighborhood was recognized as one of the best planned subdivisions in the United States by the National Association of Home Builders. The community was located next to the Uptown/Galleria area—a major economic and entertainment hub for Houston.
Astor Tanglewood’s amenity area was approximately 4,500 square feet and included the leasing office, fitness center, resident lounge and internet café. Residents enjoyed a luxury pool, two beautifully landscaped courtyards, and a private park. The interior finishes offered tiled backsplashes with under counter- lighting in kitchens, wood vinyl floors in the living, dining and kitchen, granite kitchen countertops, stainless steel appliances, 42” upper kitchen cabinets, washer/dryers, garden-style tubs, walk-in showers, and balconies on the majority of homes.
- Hotel-inspired pool and sun deck
- Fitness center with club-quality equipment
- Two beautifully landscaped courtyards
- Private park
- Garage parking
- Exceptional location in the upscale Tanglewood neighborhood
- Next to the Uptown Galleria area
- Less than three miles to Greenway Plaza
- Five miles to downtown Houston
- Studio, 1- and 2-bedroom apartment homes
- Washer and dryers
- 8-foot doors
- Wood vinyl floors in the living, dining and kitchen
- Granite kitchen countertops
- Clean stainless steel appliances
- 42” upper kitchen cabinets
- Tiled back splashes with under-counter lighting in kitchens
- Garden-style tubs
- Walk in showers*
- *in select homes
Features at Astor Tanglewood
Fitness center with club-quality equipment.
Next to the Uptown Galleria area and less than three miles from Greenway Plaza.
Studio / 1 BR / 2 BR
Studio, 1- and 2-bedroom apartment homes.
Stainless steel appliances, 42” upper kitchen cabinets, washer/dryers, garden-style tubs, and walk-in showers.