Effective July 11, 2018
Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information and Usage Data through the Site.
“Personal Information” means any information by which You can be personally identified, such as Your name, address, age or date of birth, race or ethnicity, email address, number of occupants, Your occupation, employment information, salary, telephone number, education, the kind of service provided to You, social security number, username and password, real property purchased, leased, or rented, bank account number, debit card number, bank or investment account, debit card or credit card balance, payment history, and information pertaining to Your creditworthiness, assets, income or liabilities.
“Usage Data” means any information that we automatically collect about how you use the Site, but that alone cannot be used to identify you. Examples of Usage Data include your IP address, browser type, device type, and pages you visited. Tracking technologies, like cookies and web beacons, help us collect this Usage Data. To learn more about cookies and how to control them, please review the section on Data Collection Technologies.
When you make a payment through the Residential Portal, we collect information about your payment history and payment information. Although we use a third-party payment processor to facilitate any payments made on our Site through the Residential Portal, we retain this information for accounting purposes and to respond to inquiries, communicate with you about your account, and for other business purposes.
How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
We collect, retain, and use Personal Information for the reasons stated below:
- To complete the leasing process;
- To request a credit report in connection with leasing applications;
- To contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
- To contact you otherwise when necessary;
- To assist with management of your amenities and utilities, as listed in your lease;
- For the specific purpose for which it was volunteered (for example, to receive notice from us, etc.);
- To track our visitors’ use of the Site for internal market research;
- To improve the Site and the services Mill Creek Residential promotes or provides through the Site or through other means;
- For special promotions, contests or survey registrations;
- To customize the content and/or layout of our Site for each individual visitor;
- To ask for your participation in brief surveys and to provide the results thereof;
- To process your responses to surveys, questions, or other requests;
- To complete any purchases, payments, or other transactions you may perform at the Site;
- To notify visitors about updates to the Sites or services;
- To notify You about promotions, special offers, etc., regarding products and services provided by us or our affiliates or partners;
- To be provided to third parties who provide services on behalf of Mill Creek Residential;
- As required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities;
- In connection with an acquisition, merger, sale or other transfer of all or any portion of our business; and
- For our internal business purposes.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information as disclosed to you at the time we collect it, with your consent, and in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may provide your Personal Information to our services providers that help us run and manage our business, such as technology service providers, analytics providers, utility providers, screening companies, rental insurance companies, collections agencies, customer service providers, and our credit card processors.
- Property Owners, Property Managers, and Other Subsidiaries or Trusted Affiliates: We may provide your Personal Information to other third parties with whom we have alliances in connection to providing our products or services, including, without limitation the owner of any property where you may apply or lease and the management company for such property.
- Consumer Reporting Agencies: We may provide your Personal Information to consumer reporting agencies. If you dispute the accuracy of the information provided, you should notify the consumer reporting agency and contact us regarding the dispute. Please see “Contact Information” below for our contact information.
- Prospective Landlords or Lenders: We may provide your Personal Information to prospective landlords or lenders who may request such Personal Information in connection with approval of any rental application or home purchase.
- As Required By Law: We may disclose your Personal Information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process. Additionally, we may disclose Personal Information when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the safety and security of our property or the property or others. We may also disclose Personal Information in order to protect our rights, such as to investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
- Corporate Transaction: In the event Mill Creek Residential is involved in a merger, reorganization, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or other corporate transaction, we may disclose your Personal Information as part of that transaction.
We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We reserve the right to share aggregated or anonymized Personal Information with third parties for any lawful purpose.
Offline Collection of Personal Information
Data Collection Technologies
- Web Beacons. A web beacon (also referred to as clear gif, pixel tag or single-pixel gif) is a transparent graphic image used in tandem with cookies that enables us to record a user’s actions. We use web beacons to count users who have visited those pages, verify system and server integrity and for similar statistical measures.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but it is possible to change your browser setup so that it does not accept cookies. In order to create a profile on our Site you must have your cookies on. To find out more information about cookies, visit www.AllAboutCookies.org.
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers have “Do Not Track” or similar features that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked. At present, the Site does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals and consequently, the Site will continue to collect information about you even if your browser’s “Do Not Track” feature is activated.
The security of Your Personal Information is importance to us. We use encryption technology to protect data transmitted during the online lease completion process and for online payment of rent. Your browser will indicate when such encryption is activated (e.g., a padlock icon will be shown in Microsoft’s Internet Explorer). No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Your California Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 gives California residents the rights to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We may share your Personally Information with affiliated third parties, some of which do not share the name of Mill Creek Residential, for their own direct marketing purposes. You may request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes by contacting us as noted below.
Persons Under 13 Years of Age
This Site is not intended for or directed to persons under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information at our Site from those we know are under 13, and we do not permit persons under 13 years of age to become registered users of our Site. If we become aware that we have collected information from an individual under 13 years of age, we will immediately delete such information. No part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13. By using our Site you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
Links To Third-Party Web Sites
Our Site may offer links to other Web sites which may have information policies and practices different from ours. We do not control and are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of any third party Web sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third part website prior to providing them with your Personal Information.
Email Consent and Opt-Out
Your provision of Personal Information through any of our resident portal Sites constitutes your affirmative consent that we may contact you by email to provide you with information and notices relating to the property where you reside, and various services available to you at or through that property.
You may choose to opt out of receiving future commercial email messages from us. Each mass commercial email sent by us contains a link with instructions on how to remove yourself from our email list. Please note that if you are a resident of Mill Creek Residential and you opt out of receiving commercial email from us, you will continue to receive email from us regarding operational issues surrounding your apartment, your lease, and/or your community.
Access and Choice
You my access and modify the Personal Information we maintain about you by contacting us using the contact information below. We will respond to your inquiry within a reasonable timeframe.
How To Contact Us
JEFFREY D. KOK | CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
Mill Creek Residential
2001 Bryan Street | Suite 3275
Dallas, TX 75201