The Italian Embassy in Washington, D.C., is one of the most desirable pieces of real estate in the entire D.C. Metro region. The existing building on the site served as the home of the Italian Embassy from 1925-1977, and continued to operate as the Italian chancery until 2002. The building was designed in a neo-renaissance style by architects Whitney Warren and Charles D. Wetmore. Warren and Wetmore also designed the Grand Central Terminal in New York City.
Mill Creek will preserve the history of this venerable building, while also developing a new nine-story high-rise on the property as well. In total, the community will consist of 134 luxury apartment homes with two levels of below-grade parking, consisting of studios, one-, two-, and three-bedroom floor plans. These homes will offer a level of prominence and prestige that presents significant value for both residents and investors. In addition, more than 2,000 square feet of historical Embassy space will be preserved and transformed into amenity areas that promote a European cosmopolitan aesthetic. Included will be a resident clubhouse located in the Embassy’s Grand Ballroom, in addition to a business center, rooftop terrace, club-quality fitness center, and landscaped outdoor terraces.
The outdoor public/private terraces, in addition to the Embassy’s historic Courtyard, will offer a very distinctive, open, and green environment, which is uncommon in a downtown D.C. apartment community. The preservation of the Embassy’s historic spaces, combined with the addition of modern homes and luxurious amenities, will create a truly unique living atmosphere for the District.
- Enjoy a 9-minute walk to Columbia Heights Metro Station
- Business center with library
- 1,000 square foot fitness center
- Grand courtyard
- Club-quality fitness facility outfitted with elite equipment imported from Italy
- Fountains in the courtyard with complimentary Wi-Fi around them
- Outdoor grills in the courtyard and on the rooftop
- Studio, 1- , 2- , and 3- bedroom apartment homes
- Warm toned, wood-style flooring throughout
- Ceramic tile in bath areas
- Individual washer and dryer
- Quartz kitchen countertops with decorative backsplash
- Stainless steel appliances
- Custom shelving system available
- Nest thermostat
- Italian kitchen cabinets featuring soft close technology
Features at Modera Sedici
Studio / 1 BR / 2 BR / 3 BR
Neo-renaissance style with a new modern vibe.
Club-quality fitness facility outfitted with elite equipment imported from Italy.
Best of D.C. nightlife, boutiques and dining just moments away.
At Modera by Mill Creek, we love your furry companions!
Free Wifi in Common Areas
Relax and connect in all of our social spaces.
At the nexus of three of the city's most desirable neighborhoods.